Saturday 15 March 2014

Assignment One Final Letter Model





As I had to remove the voronoi from my model to ensure it was a structurally stable letter. I decided i still wanted to do something different.  As this was my first assignment using Rhino and Grasshopper to produce a physical model i decided to experiment with the basics of laser cutting.  I then proceeded to using the Red (cutting) and Blue (etching) abilities to create my solid D shape.  

On the Faces of the 'D' i used coloured lines blue in illustrator to create the outline of the inner (smaller) D shape as well as creating a range of unique lines, which in my opinion created a 'funky' look to my basic D shape.


I thoroughly enjoyed the creation of this first assignment as it allowed me to explore the possibilities of not only the software, but the huge potential of laser printing which was no evident two weeks ago!


I look forward to the future laser cutting assignments, as well as exploring the possibilities of forms created in grasshopper, to then be turned into a physical form.

No comments:

Post a Comment